Albert Supports Contact Centre

Help with Loss of Income

Alberta Supports Contact Centre: Alberta Works


Help that is available

Apply for money to pay for basic expenses like food, clothing and shelter. 

To qualify

To be eligible, you must:

  • Live in Alberta
  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, refugee or refugee claimant
  • Be unable to pay for your basic needs
  • Not have income or assets that exceed guidelines: see website
  • Be willing to apply for other income programs that you may be eligible to receive (such as Employment Insurance)

How to get help

Complete the application (on website) and then bring it in to apply in person at one of the five Calgary branches (see website for locations.)